Thursday, August 31, 2023

My Feelings ( A Manifesto)

Expressing the depths of my feelings is an intricate dance between vulnerability and authenticity, as I navigate the labyrinth of emotions within me. There are times when the rage I find inside my soul is beyond comprehensible, like an inferno raging through my veins, threatening to consume everything in its path. But I try, I try so hard to convey this anger and turmoil without letting it consume me. I try with all my might to control the demons that have strong urges to let loose and unleash chaos upon the world. In the process of expressing my anger, I am faced with the challenge of societal expectations and stereotypes that seek to diminish and dismiss my emotions. Whenever I'm out in the real world, I can never act like I'm truly me because I fear that my anger will be seen as aggression, my passion as irrationality, and my honesty as a threat. No one knows who I truly am, not my friends, not my family, and sometimes not even me. But even if I am this person with anger issues, I am still a soft, sensitive person who feels every emotion deeply and profoundly. I can never truly speak these words aloud because I fear rejection and invalidation, aside from that I'm too scared to admit who I truly am. Expressing the depths of my feelings can be a complex and challenging process, as I grapple with the intensity of emotions that swirl within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye

 Dear Miss D,     The process of letting you go     is the hardest one I've come to know,     through this poem I'll set you free,  ...